LEARN ASTROLOGY - LESSON 7
IDENTIFYING RESULTS OF MAIN OR SUB-PERIOD LORDS
"Vimshotri Dasha Results"
Events fructify in the sub-periods of indicative planets. Therefore, it is very important that we understand the method of analyzing the dasa (main period) and bhukti (sub-period) results.
Though various types of conditional planetary periods for specific combinations in a nativity are mentioned in classical texts, Vimsottari dasa system has been mentioned for general applications. Based on the longitude of the Moon in the natal charts, the balance of the operational Vimsottari dasa is calculated. Thereafter, the planets have their main periods in seriatim. The order of the main periods (dasa) under the Vimsottari dasa system is the dasa of the Sun followed by the Moon, Mars, Rahu, Jupiter, Saturn, Mercury, Ketu and Venus.
The following are the major period of planets under the Vimsottari dasa, which they have in seriatim:
Sun 6 years
Moon 10 years
Mars 7 years
Rahu 18 years
Jupiter 16 years
Saturn 19 years
Mercury 17 years
Ketu 7 years
Venus 20 years
During the major period of each planet all other planets share periods proportionate to their period in the Vimsottari dasa. This share of period is known as the sub-period (bhukti) and the first sub-period in any planetís own main period is always its own, followed by the other planets in the seriatim mentioned above.
1. During the main period of a FM, the sub period of a FM will cause sufferings.
2. During the main period of a FM the sub period of a strong FB will bestow good results.
3. During the main period of a FM the sub period of a weak functional benefic will give only hopes which may not get fulfilled.
4. During the main period of a FB the sub period of a strong FB will bestow very good results.
5. During the main period of a FB, the sub period of a weak FB will bestow average results with mishaps during unfavorable transit influences.
6. During the mainperiod of a FB, the sub period of a FM will cause mild sufferings.
7. During the main period of a FM or a FB the sub periods of a FM (if involved in close conjunction or aspect with weak planets) will cause grave concerns and/or tragic happenings.
If the main period lord is a functional malefic, the sub-periods of the other functional malefic planets cause a lot of sufferings while the sub-periods of functional benefic planets bestow good results if they are strong. In the main period of a functional malefic planet, the sub-periods of functional benefic planets create only hopes if these functional benefic planets are weak.
In the main period of functional benefic planets, the sub-periods of strong functional benefic planets bestow very good results while the sub-periods of weak planets bestow just average results with mishaps during the unfavorable transit influences. During the main period of functional benefic planets, the sub-periods of functional malefic planets cause mild sufferings. During the main period of functional benefic planets, the sub-period of functional malefic planets involved in close conjunctions or aspects with weak planets cause grave concerns and/or tragic happenings.
The results of the significations of the sub-period lord depend upon its strength and conjunction(s)/aspect(s) to the same, either natally or in transit. The significations of the house of placement are touched when transit planets create benefic or malefic influences on the sub-period lord. In the sub-period of any planet other than Rahu or Ketu, the following significations are touched:-
(1) The general significations of the sub-period lord. For example, the Sun rules father, social status, position with the government, male child, digestive system, heart, blood pressure, etc.
(2) The significations of the house where the mooltrikona sign of the sub-period lord is placed. In case some other functional malefic planet influences the most effective point of this mooltrikona house, during the sub-period of the ruling planet the significations of the mooltrikona house shall not prosper and will face problems indicated by the afflicting planet depending upon its lordship.
(3) The significations of the house(s) where the sub-period lord is placed either natally or in transit.
Similarly, in the sub-periods of Rahu and Ketu, they are touched not only in their general significations but also the significations of their houses of placement as well as the significations of the planets that influence or are influenced by Rahu or Ketu, either natally or in transit.
The transit influences supersede the sub-period influences.
The sub-period influences are more pronounced than the major period influence.
The major period has some influence throughout, but the said influence can be superseded by the sub period and the transits.
Analysing Results of Sub Periods
INTERACTION BETWEEN THE SUB-PERIODS AND TRANSIT
previous lesson course contents Part- I next lesson