LEARN ASTROLOGY - LESSON 26
"Timing of Marriage & Relationship"
Diverse applications of astrology include the aspect of timing of Marriage & Relationship.
While the “Timing of Marriage & Relationship” is done with the help of the sub-periods and the triple transit triggering influence of planets in the natal chart, the natal promise is ascertained from the birth chart.
The analysis on this website is done with the help of Systems'Approach for Interpreting Horoscopes (SA) propounded by Author and Astrologer,
V. K. Choudhry. SA is a set of principles which gives fast, nearly accurate and clear results. SA takes you out of the confusions, contradictions and inconsistencies which have crept in the classical literature over the period of time before the advent of the printing technology.
The basis of Vedic Astrology is the Karma theory based on the premise that the planetary influences in the natal chart are the results of one’s deeds of past lives. The ascendant establishes the functional nature of planets. The Moon sets the clock in motion. The type of karma, one is destined to, is deciphered from the nature of influences on the tenth house, lord of the tenth house, the Sun and Jupiter.
Author & Astrologer
Birth chart analysis, as per Systems’ Approach, depend upon the following factors:
1. FUNCTIONAL NATURE OF PLANETS
The functional nature of planets is the key analytical factor in the horoscope analysis. Besides Rahu and Ketu, the planets, whose mooltrikona signs are in malefic houses (sixth, eighth and twelfth) with reference to the ascendant, act as functional malefic planets in a nativity. For this purpose, under the Systems' Approach the sign Cancer is considered as the mooltrikona sign of the Moon.
For various ascending signs, the functional malefic planets are mentioned hereunder:
1. Aries: Mercury, Rahu and Ketu.
2. Taurus: Venus, Jupiter, Mars, Rahu and Ketu.
3. Gemini: Rahu and Ketu.
4. Cancer: Jupiter, Saturn, Rahu and Ketu.
5. Leo: The Moon, Rahu and Ketu.
6. Virgo: Saturn, Mars, the Sun, Rahu and Ketu.
7. Libra: Mercury, Rahu and Ketu.
8. Scorpio: Mars, Venus, Rahu and Ketu.
9. Sagittarius: The Moon, Rahu and Ketu.
10. Capricorn: The Sun, Jupiter, Rahu and Ketu.
11. Aquarius: The Moon, Mercury, Rahu and Ketu.
12. Pisces: The Sun, Venus, Saturn, Rahu and Ketu.
The functional nature of any planet depends on the nature of the mooltrikona house of that planet. It is not related to the strength of the planet. A planet may be weak or strong but the functional nature will remain same as per the defined principle for identifying the functional nature of planets.
SPECIAL IMPACT OF RAHU AND KETU
In exceptional cases, when Rahu is well placed in a mooltrikona sign of a planet, without causing any conjunction or close aspect with other houses and planets and its dispositor is strong, Rahu gives good results during its sub-periods for materialistic prosperity. Rahu-Ketu, when exalted, give materialist benefits while debilitated Rahu involves the native in exposed scandals and acute physical sufferings.
2. IDENTIFYING AFFLICTING PLANETS
It is very necessary to understand the difference between afflicting planets and afflicted planets.
All planets can become afflicted, but only the functional malefic planets can be afflicting planets.
A transit functional malefic planet will afflict always its natal position by conjunction or aspect, except when placed in its own mooltrikona house in the rasi/birth chart. A natal/transit functional malefic planet never afflicts its own mooltrikona house, except when the functional malefic planet is already afflicted and/or afflicts from a dusthana/malefic house.
3. UNDERSTANDING THE IMPACT OF PLANETARY CONJUNCTIONS AND ASPECTS
In the case of the influence of functional malefic planets over MEPs/planets simultaneously strong in rasi and transit, the orb is one degree on either side for normal afflictions and two degrees on either side for special/multiple afflictions, while in the case of MEPs/planets either weak in rasi or in transit, the orb is five degrees on either side.
In the case of influence of strong functional benefic planets over MEPs/planets simultaneously strong in rasi and transit, the orb is five degrees on either side, while in the case of MEPs/planets either weak in rasi or in transit, the orb is one degree on either side. Under the influence of natal/transit functional malefic planets, all planets get malefically influenced.
The maximum influence of the transit or natal conjunction/aspect is when it is within one degree on either side. As soon as the transit influence starts separating, the influence starts tapering down. It is very important to see the strength of the planet on which the transit influence is being studied. For example, if the Sun, being the lord of the fourth house and being a functional benefic planet, is placed in the fourth house and its longitude is eleven degrees and is strong, the functional malefic influence of Jupiter, the most malefic planet for the Taurus ascendant, will be effective when Jupiter is between 9 degrees and 13 degrees in the signs Leo, Sagittarius, Aquarius or Aries, while the single functional malefic influence of Mars will be effective when Mars is between 10 degrees and 12 degrees in the signs Leo, Capricorn, Aquarius or Taurus, because the Sun is strong in the natal chart. Please do not forget to consider the transit strength of this Sun. If the Sun in a Taurus nativity is placed in the sign Libra at a longitude of five degrees then the transit influence of Jupiter over it would be effective whenever Jupiter transits from zero degrees to 10 degrees in Libra, Aquarius, Aries or Gemini, and the transit influence of Mars over it would be effective whenever Mars transits from zero degrees to 10 degrees in Libra, Pisces, Aries or Cancer. However, once the longitude of the transit Jupiter or the transit Mars is 5 degrees, the transit influence would start separating and tapering down however it will clear the affliction only when their longitude is over ten degrees, assuming they are in direct movement. The orb of affliction for a non-mooltrikona house is five degrees on either side of the most effective point. We hope the readers are able to understand this dimension for better analysis.
4. IDENTIFYING THE STRENGTH OF PLANETS
A weak natal planet is not capable of fully protecting/promoting its general significations and the significations of its mooltrikona house during the course of its sub-periods and during the triple transit functional malefic influences. By descending order of weakness, any planet becomes weak when:
1) The most effective point of its mooltrikona sign is afflicted by a functional malefic planet within an orb of one degree.
2) The most effective point of its house of placement is afflicted by a functional malefic planet within an orb of one degree.
3) It is conjunct or aspected by any functional malefic planet within an orb of one degree.
4) It is combust due to its nearness to the Sun.
5) It occupies malefic houses from the ascendant, except if in its own mooltrikona sign.
6) It occupies its sign of debilitation.
7) It is in the state of infancy or old-age.
8) It occupies its debilitated sign in navamsa.
9) It occupies the mooltrikona sign of a weak planet.
NOTE: In serial nos. (1) to (3) above, when the affliction is special or multiple i.e. when it comes from:
1) a conjunction with/ aspect from the most malefic planet,
2) an aspect from a functional malefic planet placed in a dusthana,
3) a conjunction with Rahu or Ketu (Rahu-Ketu axis)
4) an aspect of a functional malefic planet afflicted by other(s) functional malefic planet,
5) more than one functional malefic planet at the same time,
Then the otherwise "strong" planet should be considered afflicted (and weak) even when the orb of affliction is of two degrees.
6. IDENTIFYING THE RESULTS OF VIMSHOTRI DASA
Marriage & Relationship fructify in the sub-periods of planets signifying marriage/relationship. Therefore, it is very important that we understand the method of analyzing the dasa (main period) and bhukti (sub-period) results. The results of the general significations of the sub-period lord depend upon its strength, placement, conjunction and aspects to the same. The significations of the house of placement are touched when transit planets create benefic or malefic influences on the sub-period lord, depending upon their functional nature whether benefic or malefic. In the sub-period of a planet, the following significations are touched:
(1) The general significations of the planet. For example the Sun rules father, social status, position with the government, male child, digestive system, heart, blood pressure, etc.
(2) The significations of the house where the mooltrikona sign of the said planet is placed. In cases where in the mooltrikona house some functional malefic planet is placed close to the most effective point, or some functional malefic planet is closely aspecting the most effective point of the said house, or some planet is closely afflicted then during the sub-periods of the afflicting and afflicted planet(s) the significations of the mooltrikona house shall not prosper and shall face problems indicated by the afflicting planet depending upon its lordship. A natal/transit functional malefic planet never afflicts its own mooltrikona house, except when the functional malefic planet is already afflicted and/or afflicts from a dusthana/malefic house.
(3) The significations of the houses where the planet is placed.
(4) During the sub-period of a planet all the impacts on the house, which contains the mooltrikona sign of the said planet, also come into force. Due to such influences on the most effective point by a strong functional benefic planet even the sub-period of a weak planet would be blessing the native with good or very good results. Similarly, a close impact of a functional malefic planet on the most effective point of a mooltrikona house may not allow the planet ruling that mooltrikona house to show good results in its sub-periods even if the said planet is strong in the natal chart.
7. TIMING OF MARRIAGE/RELATIONSHIP
PRIME DETERMINANT OF MARRIAGE
(1) The lord of the seventh
house. In cases where there is no mooltrikona sign in the seventh house,
then the lord of the houses signifying marriage ( the second, fourth, eighth or twelfth
house containing mooltrikona sign) are considered.
For various ascendants the following planets are prime determinant of marriage:-
(2) Venus and Jupiter are
significators of marriage for males and females, respectively.
(3) The planets closely influencing the most effective point of the house(s) signifying marriage or their lords act as secondary determinants of marriage.
Marriage can take place in the sub-periods
of the strong planets placed in the houses signifying marriage. These planets become additional secondary significators of marriage.
If the prime determinant and the significator of
marriage are strong and there is no affliction to the most effective points of the houses
signifying marriage, the marriage takes place at the appropriate time. The good
strength of Venus hastens the process. The delay is caused by:
(1) The close influence of the
functional malefic planets or the most malefic planet on the prime determinant and secondary significators for
(2) Prime determinant of marriage being
weak or badly placed and/or afflicted by the most malefic or a functional malefic planet:
(3) When the prime determinants and
secondary determinant(s) are weak and/or are afflicted:
(4) When the lords of the eighth
and/or twelfth houses containing a mooltrikona sign are weak, badly placed and afflicted.
The influence of the functional malefic planets delays while the
influence of the most malefic planet (MMP) delays inordinately and/or denies. The
malefic influence of the MMP cannot be mellowed without persistent performance of the
appropriate astral remedies. If there is a mooltrikona sign in the eighth house from
the ascendant, its lord is called MMP. In case there is no mooltrikona sign in the
eighth house, then the role of the MMP is played by the lord of the twelfth house
containing the mooltrikona sign. In case there is no mooltrikona sign in the twelfth
house, as well, then the role of the MMP is played by Ketu.
8. APPLICATION OF ASTRAL REMEDIES
To expedite and ensure greater possibility of the desired event two way application of astral remedies are made:
a) Strengthening of weak functional benefic planets.
|Special Power Kavach for Strengthening of Weak Birth Planets |